Wednesday, April 13, 2011

C25K Progress-to move on or not?

In my last post I mentioned that I have been doing the C25K program. Last night I finished week two. Week three has two three minute runs in it and I honestly don't know if I am ready for that. I struggle with the 90 second runs in week two. Last night I did make the last run two minutes instead of 90 seconds, but that took about everything I had.

Realistically, it equals out to the same total running time: 9 minutes. It is just the running for three minutes straight that scares me. Before starting this program I had never run a minute in my whole life. I think I am going to try it out but if I can't do it I will repeat week two. I don't want to give up but I also have to be realistic. I will let myself repeat each week if needed but only once. I CAN do this!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should give up. Keep doing week two and add seconds as you go until you work up to three minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually did day one of week 3 on Thursday. I slowed down my speed a bit but made it to three minutes both times! I was so proud. I plan to do day two tomorrow, hopefully I can increase my speed a bit

    ReplyDelete