Sunday, April 24, 2011

C25K Week 4

I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday or Friday. We had company both days and were just too busy. Excuses, I know, but that is what it is. So today I finally started week 4 of the C25K! Week 4 is 3 minutes running, 90 seconds walking, 5 minutes running, 2.5 minutes walking, 3 minutes running, 90 seconds walking, and 5 minutes running.

I did all of the walking at 2.8 mph as usual. The first two sets of running I did at 3.6 mph and the second two sets of running I did at 3.7 mph. Total running time = 16 minutes! That is much more than the 9 minutes total from week 3. Total running distance = .96 mile! However, I added an extra 3 minute run at 3.7 mph on to the end of my cool down which brings me up to 1.15 miles total running distance! I know it is split up into intervals, but still I have never run a mile in my whole life! I also added another 10 minutes of walking to my cool down for a total workout of about 45 minutes. I plan to do day 2 of week 4 either Monday evening before work or Tuesday morning when I get home from work.

Now that I got the good update out of the way... time for the bad. My diet has been awful this week. I have not tracked all week (I think I tracked one day). I have been extremely overeating. This has been such a stressful week. Our appointment with the fertility doctor, we had our nephews stay over, we are in a huge fight with my husband's family, my husband got pulled over, we got bad news about our fertility testing, plus the holiday and eating for that has made me eat and eat and eat. I am en emotional over eater so this is something I need to work on.

My goal is to get back on track this week. I am going to plan our meals for the week this evening so there are no excuses for eating poorly. We have eaten most of the junk food in the house so we don't have to worry about that. I need to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment