Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cookies and Jillian Michaels

I know, those two things don't belong in the same post but today they do! I'll start with the cookies. Actually, make that rice krispie bars and cookies to be exact. I don't know what is going on but lately I have been itching to bake things. The problem with this is then I tend to eat those things. My solution to this has been eating one or two and having my husband take the rest to work. I bet his coworkers love me, lol.

Tonight I made rice krispie bars. I only ate one (4 points), kept a few for me and my husband tomorrow, and sent the rest to work with him. Then after he left I decided to make chocolate cookies because I have been craving them like no other. I made a half batch and only ate one (also 4 points). I had ate well the rest of the day and this got me to all of my points and I used one weekly point.

The best part was, after eating one I was satisfied! Normally when I make cookies I eat three at a time. I am so proud that I am able to only eat one. Now, don't go telling me I shouldn't be eating any at all, because I refuse to live like that. I love to bake and should be able to eat a cookie, especially if I ate well all day. This is a lifestyle change and my lifestyle will still include dessert. Portion control is my goal and I think I did well tonight.


As for Jillian, today I did another of her workout dvds, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I bought this a few years ago but never even opened it. The workout consists of 7 circuits about 6 minutes each. Today I only did the odd numbered circuits for a 24 minute workout. The moves are pretty similar to those in the 30 Day Shred but its all cardio. I didn't want to do too much today so I am not sore for my C25K run tomorrow. I might do another workout before I go to bed or at least walk on the treadmill for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment