Monday, May 2, 2011

Started week 5

Last night I started week 5 of C25K. Day one is 5 minutes running and 3 minutes walking intervals. I did all the walking at 2.8mph and the three five minute runs I did at 3.8, 3.9, and 4.0mph, in that order. After the cool down I did an additional five minute run at 4.0mph. I ended up doing 50 minutes total, so about 20 minutes of running at 30 minutes of walking. My husband and I also took our dog for a walk outside for about 20 minutes earlier in the day.

I have to say, this day was not as hard as last week. My calves barely even started to hurt by the end and last week they were on fire. I even found the first five minute run to be easy! I really didn't find it a struggle at all until the extra five minute run I added to the end, and even that wasn't so bad. I really hope this means I will do well with the rest of the week at this level.

I ended up eating my exact number of points for the day. I have to watch my points this week because I need to save my weekly points for Wednesday, I am going to a bridal shower at a local italian restaurant and I plan on having pasta :) I already have my meals planned out for the next two days. I am off work until Thursday night and that is when I struggle, when I am at home and bored. Once I am back to work I know I will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment