Tuesday, July 12, 2011

C25K Fail

I failed. I had the best of intentions. I was going to do Week 7 Day 1 of C25K tonight before bed. I tried my hardest and was not able to make it through. I was running at 4.0 mph, which is fast for me, and was probably a mistake considering I haven't run since last Tuesday (almost a week!) I did the 5 minute warm up at 2.8 like I usually do, then started in at 4.0 mph. I made it 16 minutes and had to take a minute walking break. I tried to start back up and was only able to do 3 more minutes of running. I ran for a total of 19 minutes, which is 6 minutes short of what I was supposed to. I suppose I should be happy I was able to run 19 minutes, but I hate that I couldn't finish. Especially considering I ran 25 minutes last Tuesday and it was pretty easy. I will try again either tomorrow before work or Weds before work, along with the 30DS in the mornings. I really want to complete the program before our vacation and we leave 3 weeks from Weds.

You know what though? I ran for 19 minutes today and did 40 minutes of 30 Day Shred. That is something to be proud of. And next time I will make it through the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment