Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pulled Muscle

Now I am really starting to think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder instead of sleeping on it wrong. It hurts the same as when I pulled a muscle in my back in Feb. It hurts behind my scapula and radiates all the way up the side of my neck. I feel okay if I am just sitting or just standing but any kind of movement kills. I have to work tonight and cannot afford to use any PTO taking a sick day since we have vacation next month. I am having them put me in the nursery rather than on the floor (I am a postpartum nurse) so hopefully I will be able to make it through the night.

It probably wasn't such a good idea working out last night with my sore shoulder, I probably just made it worse. I definitely am not working out today. I have some Vicodin left over from when I hurt my back and am trying some more Aleve and ice as well. Hopefully it helps!

I don't really want to go to the doctor because I am pretty sure its just a pulled muscle like last time and they will just give me pain meds and make me stay home from work. I probably should set up an appointment to talk to my doctor about maybe getting on some muscle relaxers to this stops happening.

I am so disappointed that I can't exercise today. I was doing so well. I'm praying I feel better by tomorrow so I can exercise. At the very least I should be able to walk on the treadmill, but hopefully I can do the 30 Day Shred so I can stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment