Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Won't be doing that again!

I was able to get my workouts in for Tuesday. Technically I did them after midnight but I am still counting them for Tuesday since I will be going back to bed in a bit and will be working out this evening before work. My workout was C25K Week 6 Day 3 and 30DS Level 1 Day 5. On previous days where I did both workouts in the same day, I started with 30DS and ended with C25K. I found the 30DS left my calves sore, making C25K a struggle. This time, since I am at the point in C25K that I am doing all running and no walking, I knew I needed to be at my best.

I decided to start with C25K and it went really well! I ran at 3.7, which is slightly slower than I normally run, to ensure I could make it through the whole 25 minutes. Honestly, I was impressed. I can't believe I ran 25 minutes! And it didn't get tough until the last 5 minutes or so, but even then it wasn't so bad. It ended up being about 1.6 miles of running. Now each week will be strictly running for the next 3 weeks.

I decided to go right into the 30DS to get it done with and that was a mistake! I was so wore out from running I really struggled. It was my 5th day at level one so it should not have been that difficult. I ended up having to modify one set of jumping jacks, one set of jump ropes, and the last set of abs. I also used my 3 pound weights for the anterior lifts at the end, when I had been using 5 pound weights for them. I made it through the whole workout but it was definitely hard. On the days where I do both workouts I think I need to do one in the morning and one in the evening in order to do my best.

As far as diet yesterday, I earned 7 activity points and used 6. I am glad I haven't used any weekly points yet, and today as long as I stay on track I will be 4 points below my daily limit. I drank 60 oz of water yesterday, not my best but I fell asleep early. So far this morning I have drank 48 oz so I should have no problems getting enough in today.

I also think I slept wrong, because my right shoulder is very sore. I am not sure if it is from working out or if I slept wrong, but I didn't feel it hurting during any of the strength moves so I am leaning towards slept on it wrong. Right now I am icing it and I took some Aleve and Excedrin and am going to try and go back to bed since I work overnight tonight.

1 comment: